New Up-Fit Center Drives Increased Capabilities For Commercial and Government CustomersHUNTSVILLE, AL- Polaris Inc. is expanding in Huntsville, Alabama to consolidate upfit services and leverage the skilled local workforce. The new Polaris Commercial and Government up-fit center combines a state-of-the-art assembly facility with a talented team of technicians to offer National Account and Government customers an industry-leading delivery experience. The new facility is located in the Jetplex Industrial Park at Huntsville International Airport.
- Improved focus on commercial, industrial and government customers and their specific needs
- In-house accessory installation and customization
- Enhanced post-production quality process
About the Facility:
- The 275,000 square foot up-fit and storage facility is now dedicated to upfitting Polaris RANGER, Pro XD and RZR vehicles for commercial customers with dedicated work bays, multi-station upfit line, vehicle staging, quality and warehouse space
- The new Polaris Upfit Center is less than five miles from the Polaris Huntsville manufacturing facility, which is 600,000 sq ft and opened in 2016.
- Currently employs 28 technicians
- 6 operating bays, 2 up-fit lines for installation of more than 10,000 possible accessories, including cab solutions, vehicle protection, safety components and storage accessories
- Location provides ease of shipments across the United States.
- Work on the first vehicles in the new Polaris Upfit Center in Huntsville began in May.
- The facility provides the footprint to support future growth and expansion
Quote:Aaron Luoma, Director of Operations: “The Polaris Huntsville Upfit Center provides the capacity, quality controls and lean manufacturing process flow to meet increasing sales demand for our commercial and government customers for many years to come. Safety is the key priority at the upfit center as we strive to make Polaris a “best place to work” and live up to an unwavering commitment to our employees.”
About Polaris Commercial
Backed by 65 years of Polaris innovation, Polaris Commercial offers a comprehensive line of durable, versatile and customizable work vehicle solutions for transporting people and hauling equipment in urban environments and industry applications. GEM, PRO XD, Taylor-Dunn and RANGER vehicles are engineered with the customer’s needs in mind to be dependable, safe, sustainable and to increase productivity. The dedicated and specialized employees of Polaris Commercial provide end customers with simple purchasing processes based on individual needs, dedicated customer support and a worldwide network of dealers for localized service. Polaris Commercial | Polaris.com/Commercial
As the global leader in powersports, Polaris Inc. (NYSE: PII) pioneers product breakthroughs and enriching experiences and services that have invited people to discover the joy of being outdoors since our founding in 1954. With annual 2018 sales of $6.1 billion, Polaris’ high-quality product line-up includes the Polaris RANGER, RZR and GENERAL side-by-side off-road vehicles; Sportsman all-terrain off-road vehicles; Indian Motorcycle mid-size and heavyweight motorcycles; Slingshot moto-roadsters; snowmobiles; and deck, cruiser and pontoon boats, including industry-leading Bennington pontoons. Polaris enhances the riding experience with parts, garments and accessories, along with a growing aftermarket portfolio, including Transamerican Auto Parts. Polaris’ presence in adjacent markets includes military and commercial off-road vehicles, quadricycles, and electric vehicles. Proudly headquartered in Minnesota, Polaris serves more than 100 countries across the globe. www.polaris.com